Becoming a Supplier
The Procurement Division is responsible for coordinating the supplier selection process. We invite you to present your products and services according to the following procedure:
- Information about your company, including brochures, facilities lists, etc., should be sent directly to the appropriate Purchasing agent for review.
- If more detailed information is required, a meeting with the agent and CVI technical personnel may be set up to discuss your company’s capabilities relative to our requirements.
- If a supplier meets CVI’s initial requirements, a request for quotation for a specific product or service may be issued.
- A plant visit may be necessary to determine your company’s overall reliability. For production part suppliers, a detailed audit of your facilities, including management structure, will be conducted by members of CVI’s Procurement, Engineering, and Quality Divisions.
- Final supplier selection could be based upon collective input from (Procurement, Engineering, and Quality) members involved in the evaluation process and their management. Procurement will communicate the final decision.